Monday, September 9, 2013

Meal Preppin Newbie

Sitting down to eat during the day is a rare treat for me most days with 4 kiddos. Homeschooling 3rd grade & Kindergarten, potty training a toddler & breast feeding a 2 month old, plus regular house stuff & errands doesn't leave much time for me during the day. Last week I actually ate my oatmeal out of the pot at the stove while I cleaned the kitchen!

Thank goodness I'm learning to meal prep! 

My sweet husband grilled up some chicken for me Saturday while I washed & prepped any fruits & veggies I'd be eating this week & boiled 18 eggs! Yep 18! What can I say I love them! Plus my 8 year old likes to sneak them!

In the crockpot I added baby carrots, zucchini, squash, & topped them with chicken, onions, & red & green bell peppers. I plan to eat this with a serving of brown rice or quinoa.

I cooked some spaghetti sauce with ground chicken breast (got it on sale!!) to eat with spaghetti squash. I've NEVER tried it before so here's to hoping I like it!

Since I stay home I don't have to pack my food to take with me, but after this week I'll see if I need to pack individual servings to help me get to the table to eat :)

Blessed eating my friends!!

No comments: