Monday, October 10, 2011

What the BLOG is this??!!??

Heh! Pretty good title right?!

When I first started this blog it was my everything kind of blog. Family, homeschooling, life, relationships, journey with Jesus, etc etc etc. Since becoming a full fledge homeschooling momma I realized I needed a blog completely devoted to homeschool, but I didn't know what to do with this one.

Over the last few years my life has changed SO much! I went from being a working mother of one to a homeschool/stay at mom of 3 & counting (no I am not pregnant now, but we do want more).

I have had the great honor of having some incredible best friends to them disappearing, completely reopening old wounds of my issues with females (that's a whole other blog, can't dive into that now).

I went from being so ashamed of my past I carried an intense amount of fear of people finding out to being completely set free & healed by my Redeemer & speaking openly about it when the opportunity arose.

I went from living emotionally to living spiritually & understanding the real meaning of Ephesians 6:12 & battling the emotions constantly.

I have grown leaps & bounds in my Christian walk & now see I still have leaps & bounds to go. I have a new hunger & desire for God & His Word that can't be fulfilled by Bible studies & church alone. I want to truly eat the Bread of God, to drink His cup of Living Water, to not settle for the Southern Baptist status quo of Christianity!

I have a new desire to be a Proverbs 31 woman. To be a 1 Peter 3 wife. To be the mom my kids deserve. To be the walking testimony of how much Jesus loves us.

So that's what this blog is going to be. My Jesus Journey. Just me sharing my quest to become that Proverbs 31 woman, that 1 Peter 3 wife, my quest to be all Christ wants me to be & to not settle for anything less.

I want to be open & honest about my struggles with food, my wounds, my accomplishments, my failures, my fears, my relationships, my life.

I want to share recipes, my job as a housewife, tips from cleaning to having a stronger marriage, to share love & laughter & maybe even some tears (ok probably A LOT of tears because I am a crier). *smiles*

I hope you follow along with me & encourage me, converse with me, share your own tips, struggles, joys etc. God didn't mean for us to be alone in life. As Christ followers we are family. The STRONGEST family there is because we are covered by the Blood of Christ.

Blessings to you all have a wonderful week!

4 comments:

Tate Family said...

can't wait to read each new entry!

MissMOE said...

sounds like a great blog to be.

Annika said...

Hi! I am stopping by from HHH. Glad I did. :) I'll be back. I hope you have a blessed day!

Valerie said...

I cant wait. I love how honest and real you are Ashley.