Friday, August 14, 2009

Losing it!

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!! To HIM be ALL the glory the honor & the praise!!!

Can ya tell Im happy??????

The last year has been a trying one for me...to say the least! I have been working on two major issues in my life...my weight (struggles with food) & my past. Well God in the last 24 hrs has spoken to me, giving me revelations & peace in some MAJOR areas!

Ive been doing a Bible Study the last month dealing with some of my issues from my past. This has been incredibly hard and I have hated going and doing the work...its hard to face and relive it and admit all the faults I have in it! So on my way last night I was talking to my dear friend and I told her that I know there is a pot of gold at the end of this rainbow...its just that this rainbow seems all black & white & gray & Im ready to see some colors!

Well God showed me many wonderful colors last night!

If youve read my blog or my facebook you know this summer has been one thing after another! From sick babies, to a sick momma who always seems to stress me out :), to my brother trying to get help for his addictions, my weight, my skintag procedure, Brady's tonsillectomy, ....on and on and on...when it rains it POURS!!!

I told my husband earlier this week that I have felt SOOOO overwhelmed & that I was barely keeping my head above water & I was so scared that any moment I might give up & drown. THEN God gave me this verse:


Do not be afraid for I've ransomed you I have called you by name;you are Mine! When you go through deep waters I'll be w/you. When you go through rivers of difficulty you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression you will... not be burned up the flames will not consume you! For I am the Lord your God the Holy One of Israel your Savior! Isaiah 43:1b-3a


Arent those just AMAZING words!??! God told me He wasnt going to let me drown! Immediately I began to cry & thank Him for being my LIFE SUPPORT! Then I could feel me losing some tension & grief & shame & other things I felt from my past be released! Oh wow isnt God so FAITHFUL!?!!!

THen today I weighed in at my First Place Bible study to find out that I have lost 8lbs!!! This month has been hectic and I was so scared to get on that scale because I just knew I had gained 5 more lbs in the last month but no I had lost 8!!! I feel so free & excited for what GOd is doing in me! His love NEVER fails! He is always good & He keeps His promises!

I still have a long journey to take, but man o man I cant wait to see what HE continues to reveal to me!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you & not harm you. Plans to give you HOPE & a future! Then you will call upon Me & come & pray to Me & I will listen to you. You will seek Me & find Me, when you seek Me w/ALL your heart!" Jeremiah 29:11-13

1 comment:

Jennifer Wigginton said...

That's awesome, Ashley. You know he's faithful, even when things are going bad, but isn't it great when things just start coming together??