Tuesday, October 8, 2013

God Said October


In November 2011 we were celebrating Keller turning 1, God had just called us out to share about my abortion, it was a whirlwind of a time! Yet with all that was going on Brad & I had a longing to have another child. We knew it was crazy to even think about knowing we just had a baby a year ago, finances were very tight, our house was already feeling too small, but the longing was there. 

So we prayed. 

The Lord told us to wait until the following October. Anytime we doubted we would ask God again & He always gave us October. When October finally came around I had been tracking my cycle on an app for months to make sure everything was normal. It wasn't necessary really because thankfully my cycle is normal, 28 days, ovulating days 14-16. We didn't use hormonal birth control, but rather counted my days & prayed. 

As October began we were in a big financial bind! Money had been more tight than normal & I had taken a part time job to help make ends meet. Because of this we decided to wait until November, not that we thought a month would change our finances that much, but we just needed more time. Basically, our faith was lacking, because God said October. This month my cycle also started early which it NEVER had before; I didn't even know what to make of it. I plugged it in my app to try & make sure I knew when I'd be ovulating so we wouldn't get pregnant. On top of that Brad got sick during the supposed fertile days so we were certain that NO baby was conceived! It was pretty impossible.

On October 31 I took the boys to a friend's house for a play date & she asked if I was pregnant. I told her the whole story, but she reminded me that God said October & He was never wrong. Though I knew she was right I had no doubts that I was not pregnant, because, after all, we hadn't done the thing that needs to be done to conceive because Brad had been sick. There was just NO WAY!!!

But when I got home I couldn't get her out of my head, so I took a pregnancy test I had left over from Keller to prove her wrong. And to my great surprise

I immediately started crying tears of joy thanking Jesus! I was amazed! Stunned! I made the boys get in the car & we drove up the road to the Dollar General to buy another test. All they had was an old school one that cost $1. You know the kind where you have to pee in a cup, use a dropper to get the pee in a tiny hole to even take the test...a science experiment no doubt! :) Sure enough it was positive! 

I facetimed Brad to tell him. I couldn't wait until he got home & I had to see his expression. Just like me he was shocked! 

No matter what our plans were, or our lack of faith, God kept His promise! He told us we would conceive in October & even through our doubt He created a beautiful baby! 


Whenever we had this sonogram I was 5 1/2 weeks & we could hear the heartbeat! My doctor was worried because the heart rate was low & I was spotting a little. I was in danger of miscarrying. I was not going to let doubt or anything else get in my way this time! I had faith that this child was going to be fine because GOD SAID OCTOBER!


I had to be on bed rest for 2 weeks until we went back to the doctor. The sonogram showed Chapel had grown & all was well! She had a strong heartbeat of 161, the bleeding had stopped, & my severe nausea & vomiting had begun! I had never been so excited to puke!

Stay tuned! I plan to write more later on about how I knew this baby was a girl because of another promise God had given me years ago!

Isn't He beyond amazing!??! I'm thankful that He is faithful even when we are not!

Be blessed friends!


No comments: